A delicious quick fish stew which can be eaten with almost anything but best accompanied with rice.
Follow this simple recipe and you should be able to make this delicious dish.
Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 30 mins, Total time: 35 mins
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Scotch Bonnet
- Palm Oil
- Maggi Seasoning
- Grounded Crayfish
- 1 or 2 Chopped Tinned Tomatoes
- Glenryck Pilchards
- John West Wood Smoked Irish Mackerel Fillets
- 4-5 eggs
1. Dice 1 brown, 1 red onion and 1 scotch bonnet.
2. Put 4-5 eggs in a pot and boil.
3. Heat a generous amount of palm oil in a pot for 5 mins then add all the onions and scotch bonnet. Fry for another 5 mins stirring on a medium heat.
4. Add the chopped tinned tomatoes. Stir and add Crayfish first to taste, then Maggi and salt. Leave to cook on a medium-high heat for 10 mins.
5 (Optional step) Empty the Pilchards on a plate and cut down side halving it. This should expose the bone going through the middle. Simply remove all the bones.
5.1 Add the Pilchards (optional to add the sause from the Pilchards) and Smoked Mackerel including the sauce. leave to fry until the water is dry (about 5 mins).
6. Now peel and add the boiled eggs, cook for another 5 mins before turning off.